Ok…I’ve been using ice cream sandwich (Android 4.0.4) since my phone got the OTA upgrade 5 days ago. What do I think? First, the bad:
1) Initially, battery life was horrible. I mean HORRIBLE. 4 hours of no use and the battery would be flat. After looking around on the internet, the concensus was it was a bad app. I didn’t uninstall everything one by one. Instead, I decided to just reset my phone. I think it was my status app causing the battery drain (but can’t prove it)
2) I don’t like the new signal indicator. Instead of distinct bars, it is one solid triangle that gets filled in. I find it hard to read.
3) I use 2 factor authentication for Google. When I reinstalled the authenticator, I had to redo my 2 factor authentication. Some things work ok; however, in some other places, it seems to have forgotten my application specific passwords.
1) ICS has a built in traffic/usage graph. I like that
3) Tabbed browsing has come to the browser.
[Update 2012-04-15 09:35:30] I think I’ve figured out the poor battery life. It appears to be related to SIP/VoIP in ICS and it working over 3g.
Image from jd hancock via flickr