Cool video! Cool modem too!
Cool video! Cool modem too!
Surfing today, I came across a page written by a guy documenting his making his own electric car out of a VW Passat. It sounds like a neat project. You should check it out.
BTW, the picture is posted on my flickr page…but I took it from his site. I didn’t want to hot-link to it. Hopefully he’s ok with that (I credited him on the flickr page too).
In the continuing saga over photographers and their rights (see here, here, and here for more of my writings on the topic), the NYPD has clarified to the members of its police force what the cops can and cannot do with respect to people taking pictures from public property.
Picture from jeffadair via flickr
“…eighty-five hundrd. Eight Thousand Five hundrd.”
Tonight I watched this show called Verminators. One of the skits was about a killer bee colony. This got me into a bit of yak shaving and I found a USDA website about killer bees and their spread in the US. While surfing there, I came across ome tips about what to do if attacked by bees.
One of the things they warned about was something I always thought would be THE thing to do if attacked: jumping in the water. here’s what they say:
Do not jump into water! The bees will wait for you to come up for air.
I didn’t know that and wanted to point it out just in case anyone else was thinking along the same lines I was (the first thing I would do was jump in water).
Picture from pinkgranite via flickr
Kudos to the
band geek student. I don’t have a clue who Travis Barker is…but I’m glad that the band geek student stood up and called out those who faun all over someone.
BTW, this is posted primarily for all you band geeks out there. Nope…I don’t have to name names….you know who you are 🙂
Image from rkline via flickr
Ever since we moved to Serbia (and didn’t have Crisco or normal butter/margarine) we’ve been looking for a good cholocate chip cookie recipie. I think Cyndi found the best one ever tonight. The coolies came out nice and chewey yet sort of flat (just like I like them). Here’s the recipie (from allrecipies):
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Image from roboppy via Flickr
Inspite of that, I’ve really grown to like Truphone. Just having it while we were in Rome to use to call was AWESOME. It is a great service. I’m actually thinking about getting Cyndi a phone that it will work on….perhaps then we can dump vonage. But…who knows.
Anyway, when I read about things like this, this, this, and this on the Truphone Blog, I get agrivated. I’m sure they have a real good reason for what they are doing (probabaly a bajillion people have it installed on their iPhones)…I just wish they could get skype functionality on the nokia. I don’t think it has anything to do with the client…probabaly a more back-end change (especially since Gizmo is offering a SIP to Skype bridge now).
Regardless, I’ll keep using Truphone…I think it is the best VoIP Service out there. I just wish they could keep the client functionality in sync a bit more.
Image from VoIPMan via Flickr