I assumed every president did this. The repubs need to get off their keisters and start doing things that really matter.
I stumbled across this video this morning. I, for one, have never thought about an astronaut having to readjust to gravity after being in space.
Well, this morning, I made my very first contribution to a project on GitHub.
What project? It was Shaarli.
What change? I added support for https thumbnails. I was tired of my page displying insecure thumbs. For more on why I’m running my website over https, see this article.
Today (24 Aug 2013) we went to see Planes. Here’s what I thought of it. But first, one of the trailers I found on youtube:
Ok. Now for what I thought.
1. The “race” was an “around the world” type race. I expected the racing to be air racing around pylons. That fits the paradigm of a crop-duster getting in. The around the world race didn’t fit the qualifier, either
2. There were some scenes with US Navy “esque” planes. One thing I really liked was some of the voices were from the actors from Top Gun. There was even a nod to some classic “Top Gun” or aircraft carrier takeoffs with the backwards looking shot off the bow and roll. The paint job was even based on the modern day VFA-103 Jolly Rodgers. I really liked these scenes; however, I didn’t like some of the specifics that happened as they wouldn’t happen in real-life.
3. I liked the “skipper” being a F4 Corsair.
4. I like Ray’s brother being the fuel truck.
5. I didn’t like the environmental wacko plug for corn as fuel.
6. I didn’t like the Canadian plane being French Canadian. They should have made the Canadian a non-French Canadian and had a French plane for that part (even if it meant doing away with the Canadian part).
7. The entire cinema laughed when the UK plane did his “I’m British, I don’t cry” line.
8. I wish they would have had “cameos” by some of the minor characters from the infield from the cars races (the biggest King fan, etc….)
One last thing I really liked…there was a scene where the Mexican plane steps in to help Dusty. He makes mention that he’s helping Dusty because in the past Americans showed up to help his countrymen and didn’t expect anything in return. I think this is what is missing from the modern-day America. We don’t help the little guy any more. We don’t stand up for what’s right. We make vague threats and don’t follow through. We need to return to being known as the champion of the little guy.
Anyway, back on track….I liked it, overall. I want to get it on BluRay when it comes out. It doesn’t rank up there with Cars…but it was good. I’d give it a solid 4 out of 5
Name some names so they can get voted out. This is why Republicans don’t win elections. If they would be Conservatives they’d win….hands down
I say we change the law so they are deported…. Quickly. And perhaps at their expense.